You have been asked to complete a reference for an individual applying for The Salvation Army's Summer Mission Team (SMT). This form and all other application materials must be received at THQ by February 20, 2019. SMT is a leadership development program that invites young people into a deeper relationship with the Lord and offers a broad perspective of The Salvation Army. If selected, the individual would participate in a team missions experience which allows young adults to discover God's plan for all people to be part of His Kingdom by participating with The Salvation Army overseas or throughout the Midwest. Your input regarding this applicant will help make this a healthy, positive experience for all involved. A copy of the applicant’s completed application is available upon request by sending an email to Missions@usc.salvationarmy.org. Please be sure to submit the applicant’s name in your request!
NOTE: If the applicant's parent is the Divisional Commander, please have another divisional officer complete this endorsement.
Qualifications for Applicants
• Active Salvationist (must own and be willing to wear uniform as assigned)
• 18-28 years of age
• Must have the endorsement of the Corps Officer and Divisional Headquarters.
• Visibly demonstrate love for God and compassion for others.
• Proven leadership ability. Successful involvement in corps or divisional leadership.
• Specific skills and experience in teaching, public speaking, children's ministry, evangelism, gospel arts or construction.
• Evangelistic zeal and a clear personal witness.
• Knowledge of the Bible
• Emotional and spiritual maturity
• Tolerant personality / Even temperament
• Desire to learn / Teachability
• Friendliness / Approachability
• Hands-on ministry and service experience
• Previous missions experience preferred